William Peeling was born in Uffington, in the Muskoka District of Ontario. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Queen’s University (1948) and a Bachelor of Divinity from the University of Toronto - Trinity College (1951).
He began his ministry as a curate at Holland Landing, north of Toronto, and on Manitoulin Island. He became Rector at Vicar's Heights, near Thunder Bay, and then Marathon, Ontario before coming to Lloydminster.
He served at St. John’s Minster from June 1955 to October 1960. During that time, the old two-story, draughty, cold Rectory was torn down and a new Rectory built on the property at 4825 - 48 St. It was an exciting day for the Peeling family when they moved into the new home.
Rev. Peeling left to assume the position of Rector at St. James, Winnipeg where he was until 1965. He then moved to Fort Nelson, BC, and from there to Burns Lake, BC. He left the ministry about 1970 and worked as a social worker in Vancouver and Victoria until 1976, when he retired and moved back to Ontario.