The “Old Minster” - the original log church was built in 1904 from logs brought from Onion Lake. It served until 1910. While deconsecrated it served as home to several businesses over the years: a store, auto wreckers, and bottle depot. In 1961, there was finally some recognition of its historic importance. It was moved to the grounds of the Barr Colony Museum and repaired. In 1978, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Phillip, and their 14 year old son Edward visited, an event which would have amazed and pleased the original British Colonists.
Below: During Lloydminster’s Centennial in 2003, Prince Edward paid a return visit.
We have one summer service at the Old Minster, now preserved on the grounds of the Barr Colony Heritage Cultural Centre. Please contact our office for date and time.