St. John’s Minster story is uniquely related to the growth and development of Lloydminster.
Two Anglican clerics - Rev. George E. Lloyd - after whom Lloydminster is named, and Rev. Isaac M. Barr - originator of the idea of planting a large number of British Colonists in the heart of the Canadian North-West - founded both our Church and community - more
The “Old Minster” - the original log church built in 1904 from logs brought from Onion Lake. It served until 1910. While deconsecrated it served as store and bottle depot. In 1961 it was moved to Weaver Park and restored. Queen Elizabeth II visited in 1978. -more
Associate or “daughter” churches played an important role in many rural communities. Canon Stonhouse has done extensive research on these churches - past and present. more
A scale model of the log church - built by parishioners - served as a float for many years in the Annual Lloydminster Exhibition Parade. -more
In 2010, we celebrated 100 years of service in our present church building. more