St Johns Minster Worship Learn Praise Bulletins Upcoming Recently History Rectors Photos Smokey Contacts

Left: Holy Trinity of Golden Valley - dedicated in 1911. Served as a vital and active church and community centre for over 50 years. Hosted a homecoming service in 1983.


Photo © 2010 -
Foster Learning Inc.

Mary Ann Brew had been a milliner to Queen Alexandra before she joined the Barr Colonists and settled on a farm 16 miles from Lloydminster in 1904.  The Golden Valley Church was located on the family property and Mrs. Brew wrote a letter to the Queen requesting a donation so the new church could purchase an organ. The donation was received, a Heintzman organ was purchased from the Toronto firm, and arrived in time for the Harvest Festival service in 1912.  The congregation had much for which to be thankful.

More about the Brew family’s musical contribution can be found in Bordering on Greatness, still on sale at the Barr Colony Museum