In 2010, we celebrated the Centennial of our present church building. On the left, above, Canon Stonhouse stands beside the blessed corner stone in July 2010. On the right, above, the August 25, 1910 dedication of that cornerstone and time capsule, by clergy (l-r): Rev. J. D. Mullins, Secretary, Colonial and Continental Church Society; Rev. Principal George Exton Lloyd (at the time Principal of Emmanuel College, an institution that was absorbed into the University of Saskatchewan); and Rev. Christopher Carruthers, then Rector of St. John’s Minster. Obscured behind Rev. Mullins is James Gee, Building Contractor; individual in dark suit - unidentified. Dog in foreground, companion of Rev. Lloyd. more
Crowd watching dedication of St. John’s new building, still under construction, in 1910.